Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Restoring the Soul


"The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the Soul" - Psalm 19:7

The theological understanding of this verse is that God's word is blameless. In other words there is no flaw in it. It is without error. In systematic theology this is called infallibility.

It is the second part of this sentence that has brought comfort to my heart as of late. Last night i had a dream. Actually i would consider it a nightmare. I will not go into the details, but i remember waking up with images in my head. I couldn't go back to sleep. So i began to meditate on Psalm 23. "The Lord is my shepherd, i shall not be in want." After awhile i must have fallen asleep because i woke up 3 hours later refreshed for the day. Psalm 19:7 states that the law of the LORD is not only perfect, but it restores the soul. It restores the soul after a terrible dream. It brings peace to the worried mind.

No comments: